Windsor/Essex Young Achievers was created to help young people to become their best self though:
- Character building
- Awareness of their civic responsibilities
- Promoting literacy
- Facing and dealing with the challenges of peer pressure
- Embracing diversity (other cultures)
- Enhancing their confidence and self esteem
- Encouraging leadership and all round excellence
These workshops are instrumental in helping youth to lead successful, productive, fulfilling lives and give back to their communities.
To nurture and empower young people, assisting them to become role models and mentors for the next generation.
To create empathic, effective leaders of tomorrow who will be of great benefit to their communities and society at large.
Joanna Parris’s commitment to assisting young people to achieve their greatest potential was pivotal in forming the Windsor/Essex Young Achievers Program. She enlisted other like minded individuals and together they laid the ground work for this exciting program.
Members of the Police Services, Fire Services, Marine Services and City Councilors are invited to lend their expertise. The Advisory Board will continue to meet with civic minded individuals to shape the direction of Windsor/Essex Young Achievers.
Our workshops are designed to bring to the fore the talents and creativity of the young people involved through fun, interactive workshops, including:
- First Impressions – Meeting/Greeting/Introductions
- Dining Etiquette
- Career Planning
- Entrepreneurship Guidance & Mentorship
- Dancing & Posture
- Financial Fitness Training
- Fitness & Wellness – Information and Training
- Motivation and Mentorship
- Public Speaking
- Power Dressing
- Transitioning from Classroom to Workroom
- Volunteering Opportunities
“Give someone a fish; you feed her/him for a day. Teach someone to fish and you feed her/him for life.” – Old Chinese Proverb
How You Can Become Involved
You can become involved with Windsor/Essex Young Achievers by:
- Sponsoring an Aspiring Young Person
- Becoming a volunteer
- Becoming a Program Sponsor
We need your assistance to help us shape and guide the youth in our communities. By contributing to this extremely worthwhile community outreach program, you will be assuring the growth and development of our youth. Your contribution whether individual or corporate; time or talent will be greatly appreciated.
To find out how you can help please contact: email@example.com
“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt